Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Primal Sex

Sex is primal.  Without it, there would not be a society.  But, we all know it's not just about procreation.  It feels good; (so good...oh baby, let me hold you...show you how much I love you...sorry, I got carried away) it's healthy for you; and, let's not forget it's inexpensive. But, I want to talk about primal sex.  Sex reaffirms life. This may sound strange but I have found that if I have been to a funeral, I really enjoy sex once it's all over.  It makes me feel alive.  The drive to have it is primal.  After a stressful visit with family (an oxymoron), I want sex.  And, when I found out that I had prostate cancer, I was obsessed with sex.  Looking back,  I was afraid of dying. Not the usual going under and complications, but  fear of death. Once I recovered, I had sex because I could.  And I needed repeated proof of that knowledge. (Let me drink your body until I am intoxicated). No, I'm not a sexaholic. I could be in denial. My point here is that I enjoy sex, but there are times when I need it to prove I'm alive. For those of you recently diagnosed with cancer, I understand your obsession.  In time, you may learn that sex has its place. I have learned to put it where it belongs.  I've been there. (Now that I've finished this post, I'm going to see what I can line up...)    I mean intimacy is the goal.   (I wonder who's home..) Remember, it's not just physical....(let's get physical, physical)     

No comments:

Post a Comment