Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dreams.....


Carnival

How many times have you heard, I've always wanted to....?  I know I've heard myself say that.  Once you have cancer, you develop a different perspective, which is: we don't know how much time we have left. So don't wait, just do it. In the long run, we're only sorry for what we didn't do, not for what we've done. I'm not trying to be morbid, I am trying to be practical.  I know there is always the problem of money, especially for those of us who have exhausted all the savings, insurances, and gifts we have received.  But, there is the use of imagination and improvisation.  If you want to go to Rio, for instance, take a class in Spanish,(it's close enough to Portuguese), and maybe they have a group going there at a special rate.  I have read blogs of those battling Hodgkins and I am absolutely blown away at how many of you continue to go to school, to follow your dreams.  It's a way of suspending reality.  Putting our disease on the back burner, so to speak, while we continue to pursue our goals. We believe. We hope. We accomplish. We are all heros.

No comments:

Post a Comment