Friday, December 3, 2010

Men Are Tough..

Most men of "a certain age" were brought up to believe and live by this maxim.  I know I was. (Before I forget, the TV series, "Men Of A Certain Age," starring Ray Romano is premiering on Dec. 6, at l0/9 central on TNT.  It's a funny series.  It captures the dynamics of men trying to "talk" to each other, while trying to stay masculine. That's an unsolicited plug, but I enjoyed it when I watched it last season.) Back to being tough... I know that I have trouble talking to other men. I've always had an easier time talking to women. I try to be in touch with my "sensitive side." It's taken me a long time to get there.  I've realized that tough can mean caring, listening, and accepting. Not trying to be competitive and argumentative. That has its place but it certainly doesn't work in relationships. It definitely doesn't work when you're recovering and your partner is trying to help you. Partners can nurture and you can accept it. I don't want to sound like I'm preaching from the pulpit of The Church Of Harmony. I'm saying that I have learned to bite my lip and my tongue and have been wiser for having done so. Maybe, it's something to think about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment