Friday, January 4, 2013

Peacock Vow.....or Resolutions for the New Year...




New Year's was 3 days ago and if that is any indication, I'm off to a slow or too busy to write start. Resolutions never work for me so I don't make them.  If they don't work for you either, I strongly encourage you to forget about them. Who started resolutions, anyway?

Nine Worthies
In my research, I was able to uncover that. for one: resolutions can be associated to the Nine Worthies (3 Christians, 3 Jews, and 3 pagans; literary, scriptural, and historical personages who represented honor, valor and chivalry) In the Middle Ages, knights took the Peacock Vow renewing their commitment to chivalry. BTW, I have no idea why I am writing about peacocks, knights, and chivalry.



Most resolutions are concerned with weight, exercise, compatibility, brotherhood, or relaxation. 

Said, done, and forgotten. Shake up your year and take the chivalrous Peacock Vow.

No comments:

Post a Comment