Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thinking about......




I have been writing about my own experiences to give people facing prostate cancer an idea of  what they may face.  I see that people from all over the world have tuned in and taken a look at some of my posts and I am grateful. But today, I have been wondering about the incidence of pc in other parts of the world. As illustrated by this graph most reported cases exist in Australia/New Zealand, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Northern America, and the Caribbean. Although it also exists in other parts of the world, there seems to be a diminished incidence, which may be due to a number of variables, depending on testing, education, and awareness, to name a few. But my point is that I have received very little feedback from people in both the United States and abroad.  In an attempt to share knowledge and eventually diminish this disease, I am extending an invitation for anyone who has/had pc to share their experiences and let us all know about positives, negatives, recovery, challenges, and needs.There are a number of world wide agencies and one that seems to be succinct and promising can be found at the following. Some of the graphs seem complicated but near the end there are some key questions as to the future of screening vs. non-screening and treatments. I found these results helpful.But today, I reach out to all of you and ask you to get involved and share, as part of One Human Family. Please respond to this post. Empower yourselves to help save lives.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more
    of your great post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!
    Also visit my weblog ; key west wedding ceremony

    ReplyDelete