Friday, September 16, 2011

Kitchensink


When I think of a kitchen sink, I think of something like the one above. Except, I don't wash my hands in the kitchen sink. Silly me, I use it for dirty dishes or peeling fruit or vegetables. I'm sure you want to know where I wash my hands. Hold on. Hold on.  There is a point here.

The Kitchensink I discovered is a very small coffee house which is only a block away from me. It is perfect for writing. Not many people know about it. The staff is uber friendly and willing to help you with anything. They even bring your coffee to your table. Of course, there is the chalkboard for continuous poetry. They also provide spoons to be green and you bus your dishes back when you're done. So far, I've met Danielle and Jacob who work there. Yesterday, I had a melt down trying to figure out how to use their wi-fi. Today, I lost my work twice and ran up to two different people in the middle of their masterpieces, asking, "Do you know how I can get my work back? I lost it. I need your help." I must have looked frightful because the woman immediately said, "I don't know anything about computers." Next I approached, a theatre person, working on a script. He was wearing a gold bling music note on his argyle sweater. When he understood what I was asking he said, "You probably lost it."  Just like that, "You probably lost it."  Do you how awful it is to hear those four words, "You probably lost it."  I only spent 2 hours writing it......2 hours.  So then I started over.  I had almost restored all of it, and ......are you ready?  I lost it again.  When I tried to save it, it disappeared.  Just disappeared. Poof. Gone. Lost. Third time is a charm.  "Attention to detail," became my mantra.  I did it. I saved it. It's there. Hoorah. This probably sounds ridiculous to all you computer people who talk, text, and write at the same time.  That's not me. I can't drink coffee and write at the same time.  Well, there, I feel so much better now. I think venting is very important in preventing prostate cancer.I know.I know. It's a big reach, but I haven't used that one in awhile. ( Ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment