Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weather permitting...






Recently, Chicago has been struck with severe storms. Last Thursday, the storm was so bad, it knocked out many windows in  high-rises along the Lake. It was truly raining cats and dogs. I'm not one that usually talks about weather or religion unless I have to. In fact, we have had so many warnings lately, I tend to ignore them. I also do not believe that Revelations has heralded the beginning of the Apocalypse. I do not expect The Four Horsemen, Jesus suddenly appearing for a final accounting, or Lake Michigan suddenly turning blood red. It does make me aware of global warming and the many changes that have occurred such as our blizzard in February which stopped the City. But, finally, there is nothing to do about it but adjust. I have visions of Waterworld and don't see myself doing well in that evironment since I like hotels over camping, and cars over hiking. So, I'm just going to "go with it" and enjoy the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment