Friday, July 29, 2011

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True...

Recently, I read about an auction where you could land an I Pad for under $100. It could be acquired by being in an auction where you could bid and if you were lucky, you could be the winner. As a writer, I thought how wonderful to get an I Pad for less than $100. Readers beware, be very beware. I read that if I signed up by the end of that day I would be given 152 free bids and if I rushed, I would be given another 25 bids, free. Sounds great, right? Figured I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. 5 days later, I was sent an e-mail congratulating me on my recent purchase of $99.00. What purchase? I sent them an e-mail. No response. Today, I called and was told the offer was very clear and I had purchased so many bids but because I was unclear, they would only charge me $49.00. I wouldn't accept that and wanted to speak to a supervisor and said I would dispute it. After a few more delays and protests, they finally agreed to give me a full refund. A refund for something I never bought. I  am writing this post is to say stay clear of a company called, Grabswag. Do not, do not, fall their gimmicks. As usual, if it sounds too good.....you know the rest.  Avoid, Grabswag.  Oh, and btw, did I say, avoid Grabswag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment