Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions And Cancer

Fight Cancer
When you've been diagnosed with cancer of any kind, it's difficult to say, "I resolve not to have cancer." Think about it.  Of course, we'd like to say that and hope and wish it were true.  It just doesn't work that way. But, we can fight. We can enjoy our battles. We can push forward, no matter what.  I don't believe in resolutions myself because I know I always break them, as do most people, and then you have to deal with the guilt.  What I've learned is to try to do "more" of the things I already enjoy, i.e. I like to read.  Read more books, movies, see more movies. You get the idea. Then it's a "win, win situation." As to cancer, I think you learn to live in the moment.  Life is meant to be lived. When you're healthy, you don't even think about it.  I've mentioned this before so I won't dwell on it. But, I do have some thoughts about the New year.  New suggests beginnings. A time to start fresh.  A renewal.  And I do think that is healthy.  Try to forget what didn't work well or if you must think about it, identify what you  learned from the experience.  Use that knowledge and add it to your "experience references." Onward.   Forward. Destroy the Aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment