Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Place Like Home.....

My Aunt Blanche, who is 98 yrs. old, has been hospitalized for nearly two weeks.   I called her tonight to check on her.

A.B.: Who's this??

Me:   Kenny, your nephew.

A.B.  Oh, Kenny....

Me:   How you doing?

A.B.  Oh, I'm down. Down and out.

Me:   What's the matter?

A.B.  I don't know.  Can't seem to get over this cough.The Doctor gave me some pills.  
          I just want to go home.

Me:   I know.  There's nothing..

A.B.: The food isn't too good.  Salmon, sweet potatoes.  No taste. What's food without salt?

Me:   I know.

A.B.: Happy New Year. You're always in my prayers. I always pray for you.

Me:   And look what happened to....

A.B:  Prayers are good. And I'd like some wine.

Me:   I know.

A.B.   (Coughs)  I just want to go....sorry, Kenny, this cough.......home.

Me:    You will, Auntie.

A.B.:  I love you. Pray for me.

Me:     I love you, too, Auntie Blanche.

                             "Na Zdrowie"   (To Health)
Yes, she likes martinis, food, and gardening; and she's a real hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment