Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Importance Of Feeling Guilty


Being brought up Catholic, I can feel guilty while exercising, blogging, or breathing.  Almost anything. You name it.  It's not a good thing, it just is.  If you were brought up Jewish, you most likely have a similar problem.  If something goes wrong, you feel you were somehow responsible.  (I'm not specifically referring to Jews or Catholics. Maybe both. Does it matter?)  But, today I read a study done in the UK that linked emotional pain to physical pain.  In other words, if you are very angry, the pain could be linked to physical pain.  That made me wonder if people who get cancer also have emotional pain that is unresolved. There is a term defining this type of study called psycho-oncology.  Just a thought.   Do we feel guilty about having cancer?  Did we do something to deserve it?  Nonsense you say.  I don't have answers to any of this.  Random thoughts bouncing off the various screens in my man-cave. (ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment