Sunday, May 12, 2013

WONDER-WOMAN

There are many Wonder Women in my family and I am grateful to all of them on this Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day, Cindy
But today, I want to profile a special mother, my cousin Cindy. She has two grown children, Chris and Nicole. Chris has had hodgkin's lymphoma, which he seems to have under control and her daughter, Nicole,who, recently, had a stroke, which has left her partially paralyzed. Cindy has dealt with all of this as a mother, even though she became a victim of breast cancer. She managed to conquer that once, but it has now returned and she has been receiving chemo and radiation for the last year. She has managed that but then her husband developed congestive heart failure and had been rushed to the ER many times. This past Thursday he died. He was a wonderful man and great partner for Cindy. 

I know I and all your family and friends are here for you. Please join me with prayers and kind thoughts  for a mother that has accomplished wonders.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Ken! I am so sorry for your loss!

    What a darling woman she is....and she has your little smile. How many trials and sorrows she has endured! She is a special one indeed and I know she could use extra prayers now.

    Sending blessings of light and love right away, today and always....
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath,
      I'm sure she will appreciate your comments and prayers.

      Delete
  2. dwgodell
    May 12 (2 days ago)


    Ken:

    What a beautiful tribute to your cousin Cindy. She deserves many more accolades like the one you wrote. She has been through so much. When I read her husband passed l last week I was further stunned. Will you be in Michigan for his funeral? What was his last name, is age, I will look the obit in the newspaper if you reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dennis,
      She and the rest of the family is having a difficult time. He was 68

      Delete