Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Perseverance....

I've been thinking about this word a lot lately. Whether it's my job, fighting cancer, or working on a book , it seems to me that it keeps coming back to perseverance. Aakriti has some good advice.


That doesn't mean you will conquer, although I do think this component is essential to complete any battle, but it will give you the satisfaction that you gave it your all. There are times when the fight seems impossible and you are completely exhausted, but that doesn't mean you are done. It means you need to recoup, to refresh, to rethink and sometimes abandon the battle for a day or two. It gives you perspective to approach the problem in a different way, and occasionally a much easier way. I know I have often wasted a great deal of energy insisting on doing it my way, which at the time, I believe is the only way (of course, I am also stubborn) and yet with a little distance, a bit of discussion, or searching, I find it and it is the Ah-ha moment. I will conclude by saying give yourself a little space but don't give up. The battle is often the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment