Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone.....Hallelujah.

I've been out of commission for awhile and I'll explain it in another post soon.  I promise.  And to those who follow my blog, I apologize.

But this is Christmas Eve....a time I remember being with family, sharing hugs, and the Polish tradition of breaking a small piece of wafer (oplatek) and going to each person and wishing each "health, hope and happiness for the future." Now that I'm older and more sentimental ( I think I was always sentimental but I wasn't always older) I miss that tradition but I haven't forgotten the memories. Those memories live on and I know the tradition continues tonight with my family ( I can't be with them) and many other families throughout the world.  

Hope, Health, and Happiness
So, to you and yours, I wish you the best and hope your dreams come true.  Count your blessings and all those little things we tend to take for granted. Thank you all for reading my blog. 

In the meantime, celebrate as the people of the small Yupiq Eskimo Village of  Quinhagak, Alaska. 
It was a school computer project intended for the other Yupiq villages in the area. Much to the villagers' shock, over a half million people have viewed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment