Friday, March 18, 2011

Nothing Lasts...

Oh, my...
Even the best cupcake in the world.  I know when I was going through recovery, I went through many dark moments. But, good as well as bad does not last forever.  You need to get through it in order to feel better.  How many times have you said, "This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me."  Is it really? Is it absolutely the worst thing ever?  Maybe right now it feels like it is.  But, what about in a year, or two, or three?  Think of something else that you thought you would never survive and yet you did. You will get through this too.  Remember that.  Thinking positively has been shown to be healing. While I was depressed, and at times I was in despair, I never thought anything would ever change. Look for some affirmation.  Read blogs of survivors. Talk to a friend. But, right now, that cupcake is looking pretty good and I know the corner store is still open and I'd like to finish this but.....

No comments:

Post a Comment