Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Process

I first got the idea for my book, The Gay Detective, when a friend
came over and said, "
Your drapes aren't puddling."
"What's puddling?" I asked.
Rather than explain, he went over to the right, picked up the panels,
and let them drop.
"That's puddling. You try it."
I went over to the left side, let the panels fall to the floor and said, 
"I puddled my drapes."

For some reason, this stuck with me. You know when you hear a song
and it stays in your 
mind.  Well, that's how the word puddle went.

I was looking for something to write and I talked about this with another
 friend.  The lightning  bolt struck. "Wouldn't it be fun to have a gay 
detective analyze a crime scene by design clues?

And that's how it all began.

Do your drapes puddle?  Go ahead, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment