Sunday, June 5, 2011

Knowing Noh

`
Noh theatre was derived from the Japanese word for skill or talent. Skill takes as much work from the artist as it does from the audience. If you don't know what I'm trying to say, hold on, because I know you will soon know noh. Noh theatre deals with dance and involves 5 pieces including a ghost or spirit who moves through the play.  Knowing when to tweak and when it is time to move on takes skill. A sense of timing. Nathan Bransford makes a point of this in his last post when he mentions Natalie Whipple's post about all you need to know regarding submissions.  I found this to be very helpful.  If you don't know  Nathan Bransford, he has recently written a book called, JACOB WONDERBAR AND THE COSMIC SPACE KAPOW, which is a YA book  getting a lot of good press. Check out JACOB WONDERBAR


I know this is a good time for me to take a small break from prostate cancer. You too should know when to stop and when to move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment