Friday, May 20, 2011

I'll Miss Her


Oprah's last show is next Wednesday, May 25th.  I've been watching some of the last episodes and it reminds me of all the good work she did. Living in Chicago, I always felt like she was my neighbor or a good friend.  She always made me feel like she was talking to me and if not, she was sharing some important topic that I felt I should know about.  It's hard to believe she's been doing her show for 25 years. Like all good friends, I'll miss her, but we've been lucky to have her this long. It's time for her to move on and I know she will.  Besides her own network, I have a feeling she's going to end up on a lot of shows and making statements that matter. Today, Mattie Stepanek, a l4 yr. old who died from a rare disease was listed as one of her all time favorites. Oprah's connection with him was quite clear and he touched the hearts of all of us. As Mattie said in one of his last appearances, "I'll miss you Oprah." 

No comments:

Post a Comment