Sunday, January 27, 2013

One Human Family.....



We've all been there and think, "Why now, why me, what else?" I personally think it's not what's thrown at us as much as our ability to handle it. That ability has become completely worn down. Whether it's health, business, a relationship, family, career, or death, it's hard. Any one of those is very difficult and some of us have had to deal with two, three, or more at a time. I bring this up because I think personally, I have been very lucky. Yes, I've had prostate cancer, and yes, I've been depressed, and I have experienced all the others as well. Somehow, by the grace of God, I've gotten through them and believe me, there have been times when I didn't think I would. And, I can't say it was one particular thing that got me through. I think it's inherent in each of us, that regardless of what we've been thrown, we want to survive. It may not be in the same body or the same realm of functioning as we had before, but that doesn't mean we are useless. It's a shift. It's an adjustment. 


One that can and will be made. It will be made on your own terms and on your own time schedule. You will decide what you can do, what you can handle and how you will handle it. Listen to others, weigh their words, and if you can't use them, discard them. You are the one in charge of your own life. You can and will be able to still contribute to the world in your own way. It is your responsibility to do it. Each of us is here to fulfill some destiny. Our life has meaning, regardless of what we do, because we touch each other's lives in so many ways. How wonderful, if we gave it some conscious choice and tried to help another person in need. 
In Key West, we live by the maxim, "ONE HUMAN FAMILY." And when you think about it, isn't that we are all about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment