Monday, June 4, 2012

VOICE......



"I need to find my voice." I've been hearing this a lot and wonder if  this question is part of the collective unconscious. As many people link into social media, androids, and internet, I wonder if people are  losing their individuality. They can easily text, e-mail or forward, but what happened to the art and nuance of conversation.


I've asked people to call me and instead they send me an email. I ask again and still don't get a call. I call them and I go into voice mail. People speak in short phrases, learn shortcuts, and  feel uncomfortable having to express their feelings. Are they also on the way out?  I wonder. In a profession, where communication is key, I can only wonder what the future holds. Will therapy become a series of texts responded to with emoticons?

What am I thinking, very soon, there will be an app for
                                                               therapy:



No comments:

Post a Comment